Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An apple a day keeps the Dr. away....yeah right!

I wished for a better day, what I got was a night of limited sleep and coughing fits, while I shouted orders to the hubby like a Drill Srgt. at 3:20am to bring water, Motrin and tissues. KC didnt feel good all late last night throughout the morning. He has been running a slight fever starting Sat. through yesterday, then after his nap this afternoon he woke up with a 101.5 fever. And for the first time ever, his Dr. couldnt see him this afternoon. We went to the Dr. last week for eczema and a check-up, and I swear EVERY time we go & its not a first am or right after lunch where we dont have to sit there appt., he gets sick! It never fails! They did away with the well/sick waiting room to make it easier with their billing. I personally think the patients well being should get priority, but of course I would say that, I dont do the billing or filing.

KC is being a trooper, not being really fussy or whiny but good gracious hes attached at the hip and I cant even go to the bathroom without the pitter patter of of his flat footed feet hitting the tile to find me. We are going back to the Dr. at 9am, atleast he wont get sick!

5 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Hang in there, Mama! This too shall pass...not a lot of comfort in that, though, is there?
I hope your family is on the mend soon.

Wayne said...

Yeah a apple a day keeps the doctor away....if it's thrown in the right direction lol. Thankyou for your well wishes and I'm sure I will feel better soon.

I hope you feel better soon aswell

Kel said...

Poor baby! The twins just got over being sick, Karlea is still on meds and she acted today like she might be getting sick again...how do you get sick when you are an antibiotic?? Hopefully she wont'. Thank god tomorrow is friday! Have a good weekend.

Alicia said...

I hope KC gets to feeling better. I too have been up all night. My daughter was diagnosed with walking pneumonia yesterday and was up all night coughing & sneezing. I hope KC gets better and you get some sleep!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

So, so tough when your kids are sick. I totally feel your pain. It is as if your entire world stops. Everything becomes focused on making them well again.

I was glad to read that KC isn't fussy or whiny. Thanks heavens! The mini partner-in-crime that you have in the bathroom now, though, totally made me laugh!

-Francesca