Thursday, January 29, 2009

Disney Day

We only have one computer in the household at the moment and I havent been able to sit down in front of it long enough to share anything. I missed out on NMM and everything! Hopefully I'll be back on track by next week.

I decided I would go to the World (Disney World that is) on Tuesday for the day since I havent been at all in 2009. Actually I havent been in the parks in almost an entire year so I have been battling withdrawals here lately and decided I needed my "fix". So KC & I took off by ourselves to go visit the Mouse in all his magical glory at Magic Kingdom. We got there around 1pm and it was not crowded at all, the longest wait I saw was 20 mins at the Peter Pan ride and 20 mins for Space Mountain. Since KC isnt quit ready for the big rides we took it easy. We rode Pirates of the Caribbean, I forgot it is pretty dark in there, and KC was stuck to me like glue. He didnt cry or act scared, but I could tell he wasnt comfortable with all those ugly Pirates and the canons going off, but we made it through. Next we rode Its a Small World, which he loved! We rode Dumbo, then KCs favorite the carousel. Since it wasnt crowded we stayed on the carousel for 3 turns without getting off, KC was laughing & giggling the entire time. We went to Toontown to see Mickey Mouse, & he decided he didnt want to wait in line to see him after all. We ate Mickey Mouse ice cream while we waited for the parade to come. (sorry I didnt get pictures of that mess) I noticed KC was getting that sleepy look so I decided to head out before the parade crowd. Luckily we left when we did, because we got to ride up front on the monorail since there werent many people wanting to leave. We went to Downtown Disney and did some shopping, then went to one of my favorite places to grab a bite to eat...The Earl of Sandwich, its a sandwich/salad/goodies place. Oh my gosh, if you ever see one STOP! They have the best sandwiches and salads you'll ever eat. And the brownies and sweets they have when you pay are to die for!(What workout plan??) We finally made it back home around 6pm much to the Hubbys surprise, he thought I wouldve stayed for the fireworks. It was a very relaxing day to say the least, nothing else matters when Im there. Everything is pushed to the side and forgotten about as soon as I drive under the Disney arches when you enter WDW. Then you always have to come back to reality once the day is over....if I could just live in Cindrellas castle life would be grand! Here are some pictures of our day, for being solo I think I did pretty darn good.

Oh, and did I mention we are so going back on Sunday Super Bowl day. Twice in a week, how great is that!

Photobucket
The castle

KC riding the carosel
KC riding the carousel & snackin on a apple

Happy Boy
Does he look like hes having fun?

Mama & KC
Mama & KC, Im usually behind the camera

Piloting the Disney monorail
Piloting the Disney monorail

Photobucket
Captains view

Snoozin after a busy day
Tuckered out! Those car seat pillows come in handy on trips!

3 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Looks like you had a great time! What wonderful memories captured between mother and child.
Disney World will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us. We're trying to time it for when our girls are old enough to appreciate and fully enjoy it but young enough to be mesmerized by the magic of it all. :)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments about the quilt! It took forever, but turned well. It hasn't fallen apart yet, which is a good thing!
Today's post was supposed to be all about the quilt with some cool, interactive pics. After spending a long time trying to make it work, I decided to try again another day.
I used Addsy's baby clothes to make the quilt, so I guess all of the squares are special. The girls had a lot of embroidered clothing. The square you're probably talking about was from the shirt she wore to my Mom's 50th birthday party. :)

Eugenia said...

Aww, man... I am so jealous! I haven't been to Disney World since I was about 5 years old, and I barely remember it! Looks like ya'll had a blast!! :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog.... we are getting married in the cabin we rented in Pigeon Forge, TN. :) I am so excited and nervous at the same time. Countin' down the days!!! :)