Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eczema anyone?

Anyone have any good input on getting rid of baby eczema?? KC has sensitive skin and has a bad outbreak last (FL) winter. I use Mustela products, and they have a line out called Stelatopia for eczema that has always worked well for us. Until now....its been getting worse over the last 2 weeks and its all over his face, arms, thighs, booty, back, yeah pretty much everywhere. The only thing that has changed is the weather being colder, no diet, detergent changes. We were just at the Dr. last week, and the week before that with a cough/cold, and I hate to get that Oh, back so soon look from the girl that checks us in. Not to mention the nice insurance adjusted, inflated, over-priced, goin towards my deductible, bill that comes in the mail the week following every visit. But, hey whos complaining....?

Come on, I know theres gotta be a old home remedy floating around somewhere out here!

PS - Im going to make an attempt at tommorows Not Me Monday

1 comment:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Poor little fella. I have severe bouts with eczema and have since I was a baby. No fun at all.

My oldest daughter also has trouble with it. It gets noticeably worse during the winter, so we try to be proactive in keeping her well moisturized (almost greasy) all the time. The carpet seems to irritate her legs, so we try to keep her in cotton pants around the clock, too.

We use Vanicream (available behind the pharmacy counter). No fragrance, no lanolin. Works wonders for us.