Saturday, April 4, 2009
Oh what a glorious evening, if you're really expecting something glorious then please dont read!
I left the house this evening right around 6pm leaving KC with the hubby for a quick trip to Wal-Mart for some Tide, shaving cream, razor blades, toothpaste, and a handful of Easter goodies. After checking out and spending $48.72 on on 8 items I headed to the car in tears remembering the good 'ole days when I could walk in a store and not worry one second about how much money I was spending. Not today though, today I am saving change, clipping coupons, and adding things in my mind as I buy them not forgetting to add the tax. So with my mind racing about all our finances I pull out of the parking lot headed to spend some more money we really dont have feeding my gas sucker. I had my blinker on to make a right and a car zoomed up behind me and to keep this non driving fool from crashing into me, I hung my right hit the curb and my tire blew out on the sidewall which I already knew was not fixable. Lovely! Just great, and these tires are about $200 a piece so I knew this was going to be fun. I tried calling the hubby for over 30 mins. to no avail, so I called the in-laws and he was there but he was in no way happy and hung up on me. Once he got there it was, I know you were talking on the phone, which I was not, how can you hit a curb like that, why didnt you just let the dumb ass hit you, do you know how much a new tire is gonna cost, were you not paying attention, do you realize this is the 3rd time you've done this, (which was later recanted, it only happened one other time in 2000 when I jumped a huge curb Dukes of Hazzard style in my Celica and in my defense I drove a Z71 truck before that). Anyways, thankfully this all happened at the gas station and minus my precious cargo, but it was still a pain in the keyster. The hubby went back home to get all the necessary tools to put on the spare and instructed me to sit in the car. I was more than happy to sit in the car because I knew we were on the edge of a argument so I patiently waited for the all done signal so I could go back home. Much later in the evening when I was done making supper, that was almost 2 hours late the hubby decided to apologize and say sorry for being so mean. I responded by saying no big deal, I hit that curb on purpose just to make his life a little more crappy today, I did it with intent and forethought just to be able to suck some more money out of our savings which is now non-existent. Im really nice to, right? Grrrrr, is there anything else I can screw up or make worse? The good part is I will only be buying one tire, not four! I think Sneaky Momma jinxed me on the tire deal, so Im totally blaming her for my mishap since I never once laughed while reading about their tire adventure. Click the link to read her tire story, but dont blame me if next week you need a new tire too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh, no!!!! So sorry to hear about your tire. So happy that I'm not reading about a car accident.
Good thing that you were able to replace just the one and not ALL FOUR AT THE SAME TIME. That would have sucked.
Thanks for linking to my blog in your post. :)
Oh, I am so so sorry. I hope your day was better today, and glad you weren't hurt. I know what you mean about finances, it sucks. Sending some good thoughts your way!! :)
Post a Comment