Friday was #6 of Hubbys BCG treatments, #6 is the last, final one that he has to do! And the crowd goes wild! I was beginning to think I wasnt going to make it to the last one, literally last week I was ready to get th big D. The emotional roller coaster ride you get on when someone you love has cancer is a hard thing to endure. We have had a tough battle the last few weeks, he has felt like crap, I have felt like crap, its all been crap. I had to take a few days to regroup and so did the Hubby, things just get overwhelming sometimes. Now we have one more hurdle left hopefully, another surgery in August at Moffitt again. The best news possible being when they do the surgery they dont find any tumors at all. If everythings all clear in August, he doesnt have to go back for a check-up until November, then continue the 3 month checkups. This has really been tiring on me, not only am I dealing with KC my spunky, typical 2 year old boy, I also have a needy 38 year old Hubby who thinks he should be treated the same. I know that sounds horrible, but being at home most of the day with them both is taking a toll on this mama hen. I need someone to cook, clean, and pick up after me too damnit!! Atleast KC doesnt come back with any smart comments like his Dad, I think we can blame that on the fact hes not talking. Im sure that he will end up being a mini-me version of his Dad in more ways than I care to think about,
We stayed at homebase for the 4th, Hubby has a sweet hook up for fireworks and we get the good stuff! No sparklers and roman candles here, mortars and TnT baby! The mosquitos were terrible, I mean pick you up and tote you off terrible. We dunked in Off before we went outside, and poor KC, and KAS had bites where I didnt get it good. KAS had them on her feet and ankles, and KC had them on his fingers, ear, and neck. We had a few friends over and grilled burgers and dogs. I forgot to charge my batteries for the camera so I didnt get one picture, not one! Nothing fancy schmancy, just a regular holiday weekend.
Heres Hubby giving me the thumbs up for his last treatment. I think he was faking it, what do you think?
2 comments:
So glad your husband is finished with his treatments. Praying all goes well as the summer progresses.
Sounds like you had a great Fourth, even if you did get eaten up a bit. :)
I'm so sorry to hear about the craptastic situation of everyone feeling just plain yuck. I pray for your hubs that his surgery in August will reveal no tumors and you two can rise up and far, far away from crap-coaster ride cancer puts you on.
Many blessings to you!
Post a Comment