Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

A New Year has begun, and my resolution was to write on my blog atleast once a day even if its something lame. I did not make any other resolutions except this one, no Im gonna loose weight or quit cussing or be Paula Deen; just that once a day Im gonna write something, something to leave my mark saying I was here.

We spent New Years Eve home for the first time in a long time, we shot off a few fireworks and sat and listened to the other neighborhood fireworks and gunshots. KC didnt make it to midnight, but Hubby & I rang in the New Year with a first smooch in our front yard. New Years day consisted of sleeping in, a home cooked brunch of biscuits & gravy, and eggs (KCs favorite), a bowl of black eyed peas from my MIL, and taking down Christmas decorations. I also learned that another good friend passed away not to long after midnight, Duane was a close friend and my best friend in high schools brother. He was 33 and he fell off the back of a golf cart & hit his head. He was a son, brother, fantastic father, and a fabulous friend to lots of people. I just dont understand why the good die young.



I hope this year is a great year for my family and also my friends. I am thankful for my life and all the great people in it.

1-1-11, here we go!!



RIP Duane Roberts - 5/16/77 ~ 1/1/11

No comments: