Today I got my hair done, I had to remove all the grey before going to my friends visitation/funeral. I knew I would be seeing lots of people from high school some that I haven't seen in a decade or more. I hate doing things like that too, I always have hated extremely large crowds of people - call me anti-social I guess. But as a friend should I sucked it up and went. It also gave me an excuse to buy some new clothes. The services are held at a church and tonight at the visitation that lasted 2 hours there were over 600 people thru the doors, if that doesn't tell you what kind of guy Duane was I don't know what does. It makes me so sad though to think about his young daughter that has lost her Daddy. He was such an awesome guy.
The funeral is tomorrow and its supposed to rain, which is quite fitting for a gloomy funeral.
Off to bed, the sad stuff has made me tired tonight.
From the newspaper:
DUANE L
ROBERTS, 33
Carpenter
Florida - Duane L Roberts, age 33, died January 1, 2011 at a Central Florida Hospital of injuries received in a fall from a moving golf cart.
Duane was born in Florida on in 1977. Duane was a carpenter, loving father, avid outdoors man and a member of a Baptist Church.
Duane is survived by his daughter Bailee, former wife, mother & father, sister, paternal grand-mother Dorothy Roberts and many other extended family members and friends. In lieu of flowers the family has set up a savings account for Duane's daughter Bailee at any Credit Union Visitation will be Wednesday January 5, 2011 from 6:00-8:00 P.M. at a Baptist Church. Funeral services will be Thursday January 6, 2011 at 10:00 A.M. at a Baptist Church. Condolences may be sent to the family. Arrangements entrusted to a Funeral Home-FL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment