
This is what it looks like when it gets cold in my neck of the woods, which is very rare considering how very deep south we are. (Approximately 400 miles from the southernmost tip of Florida) We usually are in shorts and t-shirts for Christmas, and most Floridans lack a "winter" wardrobe altogether. I live on my hubbys family farm land, and can you guess what they grow? So anytime it drops below 32 degrees, sleep is lost, wood is burnt, coffee is consumed, and there is a hum that rolls through our neighborhood from the diesel engines that run the water on the fields. The water provides a protective layer to the plants and fruit so they do not drop below freezing. My hometown is a small farming community, and the winter strawberry capitol of the US. (Any guesses?) Its a big deal when it does freeze down here in the tropics, so we take ice pictures instead of snow pictures. So here are some pictures of KC playing in the ice in the field next to our house. He loved the grass crunching under his feet, he was dancing around, and he even got try some icicles. It got a whole whopping 24 degrees in the fields here, but I did not wake up in time to catch that thermometers reading! Brrrrrrrrr! My hats off to you guys that have made it through 12 below, I dont know how you do it!
And PS - My cuz and Barfly are trying to work things out, hopefully her life flashed before her eyes. I talked to my cuz and he said he just wants his family to be together and he wants to give Barfly one chance to change things. I told him I could understand that, who doesnt want their family to be together? I told him Id support him no matter what, I would be there. I pray things turn around for them.







3 comments:
Love you ice pictures!
I'm glad your cousin is giving her one more chance. What a guy.
Your story reminds me of that movie, A Walk in the Clouds. :)
I hope my link trick works for you. :) Let me know if you have trouble.
I love those pics of your little one. Precious!
Thanks for the update on your cuz. We need more men in the world like that. I'm trying to guess, but no such luck... by southernmost tip, do you mean the keys? hmmnnn.... now my OCD will probably not let me sleep tonight!
Post a Comment