Monday, April 13, 2009

Surgery Day

Ok, so I never found time to post about Hubbys surgery but over the next few days I should have a alot of free time. Surgery is today at 12:45pm at Moffitt. His surgery shouldnt last more than 2 hours, the are going up in his bladder to remove several large tumors. This is a day surgery so we should be home by later this evening unless plans change last minute. This makes 11 surgeries for this same thing so it should be a cake walk, but its not. My Hubby hates anesthesia, and hospitals like most guys do, and hes the biggest sissy, like most guys are. Last time we did this he was sent home with a catheter which I had to remove 3 days later, and Im not a RN for a reason. Can we say ICKY! It was not fun at all, for me and certainly not for him. Im not good at all this, I get frusturated and agitated because men are supposed to be men and I dont know how to handle a balling 38 year old man very well. Ive had several surgeries and its always not been a big deal to me. Is that insensitive of me? I hate that I feel that way but Im just like get a grip! Oh how I hate this part!

Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers this afternoon.
I will update once we get home and settled.

Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Praying that the procedure goes well. I can only imagine how uncomfortable recovering from urinary surgeries must be. Nowhere near recovering from childbirth, though!
Caring for sick men is no fun at all. Hope it won't be as bad as you think. :)

Eugenia said...

You and your hubby are in my thoughts... I hope everything goes really well.... and I know what you mean about guys being wussies.... my poor husband has been whiny to the max the last few days, bless his heart. All men are the same I guess. Keep us posted!