The time has come....to remove KCs adenoids and to add tubes to his ears. This has been an ongoing battle since atleast August with sinus infections, ear infections, fever, lots of snot, & lots of coughs. Finally after what has seemed like forever we got the go ahead for surgery, and although I do not like the idea of my baby boy being put to sleep, or chopped on I am soooooo relieved that this is the end of these horrible past few months. KC has just felt awful, he is whiny, he hasnt ate good in several weeks,and he puked for the first time in his life & it totally freaked him out. He shrieked in terror when the projectile got all over him & me. He had no clue what was going on poor lil feller. I, in return got to clean up my first puke mishap and that was followed up by a nice diarrhea episode the next night. It was a double whammy considering he made it past 2 years old with never having either, man have I been lucky! From what I hear from all my FB friends the majority of kids have tubes, and it has been a breeze ever since. KC did have a hearing test and he was hearing at right below a normal level due to all the puss and fluid behind his ears. The ENT Dr. said that has also 100% been affecting his vocabulary, he said more than likely all KC is hearing is something like the teacher off of Charlie Brown...wah wah wah wah - wah wah!
The surgery hasnt been scheduled yet, but they said today it would be maybe the end of next week. The sooner the better in my mind, but he has to be fever free for a full 3 days before the Doc will do it, and so far that has not happened. He has been running a fever off & on since Saturday, and he got a new antibiotic on Tuesday. Today is actually the first day he hasnt ran a fever & hasnt been funneling Motrin and Tylenol. Did I mention that Im over all this? I really want to go back to this.... when I had a happy boy, with no cough and a snot free face to kiss!
Despite his outward appearance, my hubby is simply just a very intimidating looking teddy bear. He is 9 years older than me (hehe!) and a wonderful father to a daughter that is 13 and our son who is 3. He has always made me smile and is a genuine, lovable guy! He takes very good care of our family, and I'm very thankful to have spent so many years together. He likes riding ATV's and being outdoors. He likes some weird music, he plays some weird music. He has MANY tattoos, 2 half sleeves and then some, and his mama doesn't like them! Hes a great friend to myself & others. Don't get me wrong we have out moments too, but I really have a great man and I plan on keeping him!
And don't worry the beard is gone!
KAS
KAS is my 13 yr old step-daughter that thinks shes 30. Besides being a typical pre-teen, she likes to ride her 4 wheeler, fish, and is a country girl at heart. She also has a show pig named Dixon that takes up most of her time
3 comments:
Awww poor KC! :-( I'm glad there is some relief in sight for him, though. Thinking of you all!
Bless his little heart. I hope he can have the surgery soon and all goes well.
Oh he is SUCH a cutie!!! So hard to have ANYTHING wrong with our babies...how hard to be going through all that! Will pray right now!
Post a Comment