Here is KC once we made it home, he couldnt stand it stuck to him one more second!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Seriously Mama....whyd you let that guy stick me with that needle?
Today I took KC to get his bloodwork done for pre-op, and this was his very fist time having it done. Of course we get there and the waiting room is filled up. At this point Im thinking about not even staying because the last thing I wanted was him catching something else while waiting for this surgery. We have been on lockdown for a week waiting for this thing to come to an end. We stayed, and lucky us almost half the people ended up walking out because they didnt want to wait that long. When they called his name we went back & they had me sit him on my lap. They had me position my arm in front of the arm they werent getting blood from, so he didnt try to grab or move. He didnt like what was going on one bit, & I hated the feeling of having to be the one forcing him to do something that ended up hurting. He cried & wailed for about 20 seconds or so, then he just started sobbing! He was crying these huge, fat tears that just broke my heart in two! It was very quick, and the guy that stuck him was really quick, and theres no bruise or anything so I feel he did a good job. By the time it was over KC was pitching more of a fit to get the gauze and tape off his arm than he was about the pain. He doesnt like band-aids, stickers or anything being stuck to him so he was all pissed when I would let him pull it off. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be, but we did stop for some ice cream on the way home to make it all better! Surgery will be early Friday morning but Im not sure what time yet, we are going to a day surgery center near the hospital as an outpatient deal instead of the hospital. Ive heard good things about this place from several IRL Mom friends, so I feel alot better about it all. Im just hoping the outcome is better than what the last few months have been, hopefully its smooth sailing from Saturday on!


Here is KC once we made it home, he couldnt stand it stuck to him one more second!
Here is KC once we made it home, he couldnt stand it stuck to him one more second!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment