Monday, April 6, 2009

Today..

Today, marks the one week spot for the Hubbys surgery.

Today, I made him go for pre-op all by hisself.

Today, I am not looking forward to the week ahead and the weeks that will follow.

Today, I wonder why everyone always thinks that I am so strong.

Today, I thank others from the bottom of my heart for providing my family the financial aid needed to pay for Hubbys surgery 100%, healthcare for one year, and $20,000.00 in bills that were already accumulated, all paid for by donations to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa.

Today, I wish that one day we will be able to help someone else like we have been helped.

Today, my mind wrestles with the thought of my Hubby not being here.

Today, I try to tell myself everything is fine.

Today, I want this surgery to be the last surgery.

Today, I worry.

Today, I hope.

Today, I pray for my Hubby and others.

3 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a blessing that all of those expenses will be covered! Amazing!

I didn't know your husband had cancer. Last week's NMM was the first time I remember ever hearing that he was needing surgery. I'm sorry if I have been insensitive for not mentioning it. I had no idea. :( I'm praying for you and your family. I'm not sure what you're up against, but I cannot imagine the possibility of ever losing my husband.

Thank you for coming back to my blog to comment. For some reason, it does that every now and then and I have to change the way my comments are displayed to reset it. It drives me nuts. There is a trick that you can try next time, if you wanna. Sometimes clicking on my header will refresh the comments and make them show up so that you can leave one.

Oh, and our tires are paid for! Yeah! Believe it or not, we went from "oh, my' how are we going to survive this next year" to being able to take a summer family vacation...all in 24 hours. It's a wild story, but long. I hope to post about it soon. :)

Wow, this is a long comment! Good luck with the potty training. We're taking a break! :)

Eugenia said...

I am so sorry you are going thru this! I will be thinking of you and your husband. I hope he makes a speedy recovery! (((HUGS)))

Heidi said...

Oh that is so hard. I am sorry. Hang in there and I will be praying for you and your husband.